We thought we’d give you a taste (see what we did there) of how we often help our clients to stay in amazing health by giving you some free tips to help with your hydration!
1) Don’t forget your veggies! Remember that most fruits and vegetables will contain a fair amount of water, so making sure you are eating plenty of fruits and vegetables throughout the day as meals or smoothies will also help with hydration. Some of our clients even have vegetable mixes or smoothies throughout the day to help double up on their vitamins and minerals alongside hydrating themselves!
2) Always carry your bottle whilst travelling – or grabbing a bottle of flavoured water whilst you are out on the road will help greatly with making sure you are staying hydrated throughout the day. Even drinks such as diet drinks in moderation will contain some water and may help towards staying a little more hydrated – though water, either sparkling or still is best.
3) Other drinks count too – tea and coffee can be consumed in moderation and will also help boost up your hydration across the day. Optionally, you can challenge that for every tea or coffee you drink, you can also drink a small glass of water.
4) Liven up your water with fruits! Many companies now offer water bottles which allow fruit to be stored which can add in the fruit flavours to the water itself. We have had a few clients who dislike the taste of water, and so adding in a touch of flavour can be a great solution to help spark some enjoyment in your fluid intake.
5) Don’t forget your training times! Hydration is absolutely crucial towards good performance, whether you’re training outdoors or in the gym. Just as little as 2% decrease in hydration can cause big detriments to training, so always make sure you have a bottle handy with you!